How To Extend The Battery Life Of Your Smartphone
Do you find that your smartphones do not really have the battery life as proclaimed? In most cases, smartphone companies are not to blame. There are certain factors (external and internal) which affect the battery life of your phone.
Most people think that replacing batteries is a solution to this problem. But, this is actually expensive. If you really want to use your phone for a long time, you have to take care of certain things which will increase the battery life of your phone. As for replacing the batteries, it is not a viable option. Buying a new phone is much more cost-effective in such cases.
Smartphones these days come with a lithium-ion battery. These are very compact in size and yet these can store more energy compared to their size.
The use of proper charging methods and storage will aid in increasing the lifespan of lithium-ion batteries which will ultimately increase the lifespan of your smartphones.
A lot of people make a grave mistake when it comes to handling their smartphones. They keep their phone in hot zones. Lithium-ion batteries are supposed to be stored at room temperature.
In summers, cars get heated due to the greenhouse effect. When you are out in the hot weather, make sure to carry the phone with you and not leave it in your car to get charged. This is something a lot of people do. The consequence of this is that their phone’s battery gets affected due to excess heat.
Follow these tips to make your smartphone batteries last longer:
- Make sure that you keep your lithium-ion-battery-powered smartphone in a cooler place. Always remember, overheating is not a good thing for your smartphone.
- Do not charge your phone until the battery level drops down to 20%.
- Try not to charge your phone till 100%. It doesn’t do any good to your phone’s battery. It actually does the opposite.
- Discharge the battery when it reaches about 40% of its charging capacity. This will keep the oxidation level of your phone’s battery in balance and hence increase your phone’s battery life.
- In case you happen to charge your phone till 100%, remember to unplug it once charged. This will save your battery from any damage.
- Try not to use charging cables which do not come from the phone manufacturer. In many cases, the cord or the cable doesn’t suit the specification needs of the phone which leads to battery damage.
Things to note:
- Batteries lose their charge holding capacity over time, even if you don’t use it often. This means that a battery which is used on a consistent basis will live just as long as the one which is not being used over the same period of time.
- Every time you charge your phone’s battery, its charging capacity will somewhat diminish. This is normal. However, when you properly take care of your smartphone and keep in mind the tips mentioned above, you’ll be extending the life of your smartphone battery.
Here are some of the best phones under Rs.25,000 in India where you can find phones with the best battery life.